VISION IN ACTION
Want to be involved? We are building the relationships we will need to thrive as we become part of the Bowen Island Community. There are many ways you can participate.
* Parent Volunteers are invited to join us on forest immersion days as helpers
* Do you have a skill that may inspire the children? We are interested in opening a world of possibilities to the children through guest presenters.
Contact the program through emailing us. We'll set up a time to discuss how your interests match ours.
Our vision is to prepare children for academic and real world success, while teaching sustainability principles, building life skills, and demonstrating ecological awareness to children . Our vision is to give parents the opportunity to choose a program that not only prepares children for a future in which environmental awareness is important. Little Nest teaches children about the world outside their doors. From learning about edible herbs to exploring puddles, every day includes a new lesson and a new challenge. As children rise to meet these challenges, their experiences fuel self-esteem and social, ethical, and intellectual development.
We believe that natural environments play an essential role in children’s early learning. When given a chance to encounter the world up close, children develop creativity, resourcefulness, delight and a sense of empowerment in their bodies.
Our educational approach is a blend of place-based and play-based philosophy, built upon the understanding that through developing a relationship between children and our earth children will learn to live their lives in balance between human needs and the health of the planet. We believe that children who learn to incorporate lessons from nature into everyday decision making may have the skills needed to lead their generation into a more sustainable future.
Our long term vision is to:
· Build a school garden
· Demonstrate ecological design: through the integration of eco-friendly policies within the preschool.
· Create holistic healing resources for families, integrating various modalities. These include herbal
consultation for mother’s and children.
· Social Ecology – We are interested in opening a world of possibilities through introducing
the children to visitors who wish to share their stories and skills with us.